How do folks handle fermentation profiles?

Reaction score
Hi,

As far as I can tell there is currently no formal support for fermentation profiles, i.e. a profile of target fermentation temps over time. It looks like BF now has support for devices that can monitor fermentation, e.g. TILT, and systems like Brewjacket make it possible to control temp properly, so it now seems logical to be select a target temp profile for a recipe, and then monitor that for a given session. Is anyone doing this now, and if so how - just through notes, maybe?

Excel spreadsheet that doubles as a converter from refractometer to SG.

there is a form in the brew logs for fermentation in the brew sessions tab, what else are you looking for?

I do it in my notes then I program my controller to ramp up temps.

there is a form in the brew logs for fermentation in the brew sessions tab, what else are you looking for?

If I understand the brew log forms (Sample, End of Fermentation) they will record and report the actual profile. I am looking for a way of attaching the fermentation plan to a recipe, i.e what does the recipe require in terms of temps over time, so I can program my Brewjacket accordingly.

So just something like 54 F for two weeks, then raise to 65 and ramp down to 54 over 4 weeks?
Yes. My controller can do that. I'm guessing if you have a ferm jacket you probably have a programable controller

Last edited:

Back