How are all your hops doing that you're growing?

Yeah! Pretty amazing. You did well laying them out.

A little bit of new growth since planting this a few weeks back... No shade going on here though
IMG_20190824_1647060.jpg

Is this a good time to transplant from pot to bed?

Also, should I cut it back now, leave it until later in the fall, or the spring?

Second pick is where I want to plant it.
IMG_20191012_1449148.jpg

IMG_20191012_1449240.jpg

I cut mine back when done harvesting. I'd transplant in the fall or early spring.

I cut mine back when done harvesting. I'd transplant in the fall or early spring.
Yup, what tw said. Your plant looks pretty healthy and green. If it is still growing new leaves no rush, it's building roots too.

Year 2 for my Fuggles and total none starter...not even worth a picture so I'm gonna move it to a better spot to get even more sun...better luck next year. What is the best time to move things....fall or spring??

Well it's spring time here in Aus and looks like my hops have finally started to shoot so thought I'd better get me trellis erected before I run out of room to stand in there!
20191104_173040.jpg

She's over 6 meters up boys and Girls :D:p!
Neighbours must think oh no he's at it again lol!
20191104_173114.jpg

A cheeky Willy Wagtail is already checking out the view from up there. The wires a bit loose but I had to assemble this.bad boy on the ground so just guestimated the width. Got jute twine for the vertices staked in the ground ready to receive the bine. And check out them happy sunflowers aye can wait for them to show their happy faces.
20191104_175910.jpg

Gunna thin them out to four of the healthiest.
Cheers any pointers let me know;).

Updated photo of my plant?

Is now a good time to transplant it?

Should I cut it back now as well?

I have a little raised bed to move it to.
20191106_104105.jpg

Cut it back when season is done plant it in it's new home when growing season is soon to kick off again next year is my understanding but see what the more experienced hop growers think.

The season is definitely done, we have had a few light snowfalls in the past week

The season is definitely done, we have had a few light snowfalls in the past week
I would cut it back and put it in its new home for the winter with maybe a little mulch for protection from the winter. As soon as the frost is out of the ground or thereabouts it will start shoots next spring.:) Sounds like you already have a home made for it but be sure to put a good layer of rich compost of some type, under its roots.

Recon I'll be picking hops this weekend.
20200302_160619.jpg

Some of them have died off a bit. The leaves of the plant growing bottom right in top pic is Paw Paw that gives reference to the tropical climes it's growing in lol.
20200302_160646.jpg

I can see some second growth on the bines so I'm going to try and drop the poles pick the hops and hang it back up.... wish me luck :D

I transplanted mine from a pot to a garden bed in the fall. I was stunned at how much root growth there was.

Back