Hope everyone is safe and warm

IMG_20221223_084011.jpg
IMG_20221223_083807.jpg

The weather is getting sporty here now. It's currently warmed up to -10F ~-23C with the wind gusting to 40 knots, ~45 mph, ~75 kph. There are a bunch of ships anchored in front of my house now waiting out the storm.

Negative 3 F here. Only an inch or 2 of snow. Electric didn’t go off thankfully. We heat with gas but many do not.
But you still need electricity to run the furnace. I bought extra fuel for the generator. So far we've been lucky and haven't lost power for the last two big storms.

It's "up" to -6F here, with 31mph gusts and a -29F wind chill. It's worse in southwestern MN, and they have closed some Interstates and a number of counties have closed all their roads. My nephew lives in Woodbury (just east of St. Paul) and thinks he will be driving to South Dakota today. I told him to wait until tomorrow, but he's young and head-strong and thinks he'll make it. Until he reaches a State Patrol roadblock.

woke up to a frozen water line, problem is is not me, my line is under ground and heated

In the middle of a storm here, started out with a lot of rain and high winds overnight. It started snowing around 7:00AM (6 hours ago). I think we have about 5 or 6 inches now. Made a trip out this morning to stock up on beer and wine for the holidays. I thought it would be slow when it opened at 9AM, not so much... about 7 people lined up at the door, and another dozen or so cars in the parking lot running, waiting for the store to open. It seems that this town may have a drinking problem!

Happy Merry to all!

20221223_133103.jpg

Safe, yes. Warm, not so much. Turns out a tire went flat(ish) while parked at church. At the Discount Tire store, an hour wait to have them look at it. Too cold out for me to mount the spare outdoors. Wifey not happy to have to wait. :mad:

But you still need electricity to run the furnace. I bought extra fuel for the generator. So far we've been lucky and haven't lost power for the last two big storms.
Thankfully we don’t need electric to heat

Holly Freezing Brass Monkeys weather over there yonder not for a red necked Queenslander :eek::eek::eek:. Yup keep it and def please don't send it my way.

Honestly though stay safe that sorts weather to me looks life threatening.
I'm with Zambezi I'll stick to my shirt shorts and thongs :)

Here's my Christmas tree
20221224_081920.jpg

Natures own I think @Zambezi Special will recognise these I think we stole em from Africa :p!
They grow good here and put on a beautiful show right on Christmas here in Aus birds love them too which adds to the spectacular even cat birds (what the!)
Yup Cat birds they meow like a cat:).
Freeks visitors out i tell em it's the bunyip:p

7° F and falling. The power went out in the wind for a couple hours this morning

I am a tad south of @MaxStout in Hastings, with the wind blowing the snow around it has piled up in the front walkway a couple feet deep. Too darn cold to go out and start shoveling this stuff now.

Yep, we call them Flamboyants.
They are stunning
And just after they have flowered, the Jacaranda trees bloom ;)
All done already here though

Back