Hope everyone is safe and warm

Yep, we call them Flamboyants.
They are stunning
And just after they have flowered, the Jacaranda trees bloom ;)
All done already here though
Oh wow you know in Aus it's a jacaranda first then them lol there are some still in blossom here actually.
Now is the jacaranda Australian native oh OK wiki said South America :D.

Oooh! Kenny's back!

7.5F this morning. Glad I winterized everything.

My daughter called, her car won't start. I suspect either the fuel pump or ice in the fuel line. Perfect timing (not) too.

I can't even look at it, too cold. Gonna tow it to the mechanic and let them sort it on Boxing Day.

At least she wasn’t stranded somewhere
Or at least nowhere problematic. She is 32, so knows how to deal. She just called a tow truck, as she was at the post office.

Saturday morning I went to her house and Lo! it started for me. Go figure. We'll trade cars today or Monday and I'll poke at it in my garage. I need to answer a couple questions before I let the mechanic at it.

Y'all are going to start laughing at me. I wanted to prep myself for tomprrow, so I'm sitting outside with my hands and ears freezing all proud of myself until I realize it is stil 47F. Lol

20_f.png

It warmed up to 37F today, first day above freezing in quite a while. Used the roof rake to remove snow from above the eaves to prevent ice dams. Nice to be outside and not feel like my extremities are going to freeze solid. It felt good to be outside.

They are predicting temps at or above freezing the next week or so.

Going to the store tomorrow for a few pounds of crab legs to boil on NYE.

Right now, forecast is for the mid 80s by next week. That is more like it:)

Here in Eugene, we got 2+ inches of rain on Tuesday, a little more yesterday, some more on the way for the next few days, yet we’re still in a drought. Interesting compared to where I used to live, where less than 6 inches has fallen since January 1, while Eugene is over 30 inches for the same time period.

Weird weather here too. A week ago is was -10°F (-23°C) and right now at 8:30 pm it is 57°F (14°C). :confused:

Indeed it is. Damned cold, conversely it's going to be -5 on Monday so I can get out and change the coolant in my truck. Stupid heater core is leaking so I need to drain part of it anyway.

How's the bomb cyclone treating you @Herm brews ? Is it as bad as the Headline are making it out to be?

Back