Hop Spider

MrBIP

Premium Member
Reaction score
"Brewing Season" kicks off at 1:00 pm today. First run with the hop spider. :D

http://sdrv.ms/1bxplZC

I'm so jacked, golf is fun, but way more frustrating than making beer.

Awesome, heavy duty bolts on that hop spider too.

..... and then I decided not to even use it this go; only got 2 oz of hop pellets going in, seems it would be more hassle come to time to chill. I'll save it for whole hop usage. Heavy duty all the way!

I will warn you, I use something similar and the hops fill up the bag and at times just holds liquid and hops inside, you have to periodically hold it up and unplug it

Quality Home Brew said:
I will warn you, I use something similar and the hops fill up the bag and at times just holds liquid and hops inside, you have to periodically hold it up and unplug it

Thanks for the heads up, I would not have anticipated that.

With mine I use paint straining bags. Their holes are slightly larger than the nylon bags and homebrew supply shops. It doesn't plug as easily, but sometimes the hop bits do get out. Overall not a big deal though.

Also, be sure to squeeze that bastard out afterwards if you're doing something hoppy. It'll be pretty light on the IBUs otherwise. I think LarryBrewer did an article on that at one point, but I can confirm this fact quite handily (My IPA became an APA)

Back