Home Brew Club

There is one very close to my house. I thought about joining. I had brewed an ESB and took it up for opinions. When people suggested doing things like additional late hopping and things that were very much against the style and didn't know what it was, I decided against it. In the states, there are too many people that don't understand that there are things other than a 70IBU 10% IPA. Not that I mind a hoppy beer, but there are other things.
If you find a group of people that will help you be creative and help your craft, go for it. I just didn't think it was worth my time. I get to speak to brewers anyway when I go out to the bar. Some of them have helped me a great deal.

There is one very close to my house. I thought about joining. I had brewed an ESB and took it up for opinions. When people suggested doing things like additional late hopping and things that were very much against the style and didn't know what it was, I decided against it. In the states, there are too many people that don't understand that there are things other than a 70IBU 10% IPA. Not that I mind a hoppy beer, but there are other things.
If you find a group of people that will help you be creative and help your craft, go for it. I just didn't think it was worth my time. I get to speak to brewers anyway when I go out to the bar. Some of them have helped me a great deal.
I definitely understand that. This club has been around for long time and they say they concentrate on learning and process improvement.
They allow you to attend a couple meetings to try them out. So gonna give it a look.

I definitely understand that. This club has been around for long time and they say they concentrate on learning and process improvement.
They allow you to attend a couple meetings to try them out. So gonna give it a look.
That is great.
Being on here has helped me too. Josh helped open up the lagers to me. I used to be kind of meh on them, that is until I found out what they were supposed to taste like.
Zambezi & I like Saisons and now I see others wanting to make them. I like the whole sharing thing. If you can do that with the club, that will be a really good thing.

I joined the local homebrew club back in May after attending the April meeting. So my wife and I have attended twice, but we missed the meeting this Monday. The meetings are held at local breweries, featuring a speaker or an educational presentation, discussion, bottle sharing and a raffle. The meetings have been so well attended lately that a new location had to be found to host. There was a camp out planned for this weekend, but it has been cancelled due to wildfire in the vicinity of the campground.

so I went tonight. my first impressions is that they are great group of people. they pick 6 styles (that all kinda relate) and people submit beers for review. everyone gets a taste and then people vote on the best one at the end................the focus is on improvement more than tearing people down......although they seem to have a good sense of humor about ribbing each other.

then after that it is just a couple hours of social time where we share beers we have made and get feedback on it. I brought my dark mild and soured pilsner. alot of people were not into soured beers, but thought it was tastey just the same. I got some good feedback on the dark mild and I think I know what I will do different next time.

so I went tonight. my first impressions is that they are great group of people. they pick 6 styles (that all kinda relate) and people submit beers for review. everyone gets a taste and then people vote on the best one at the end................the focus is on improvement more than tearing people down......although they seem to have a good sense of humor about ribbing each other.

then after that it is just a couple hours of social time where we share beers we have made and get feedback on it. I brought my dark mild and soured pilsner. alot of people were not into soured beers, but thought it was tastey just the same. I got some good feedback on the dark mild and I think I know what I will do different next time.
Glad you had a Good experience Minibari!

You guys are my club! If there was one around I’d give it a shot. The zoom meetings are great and I learn every time we have one.

Got a friend that started brewing last year so we trade a little and he calls and talks about it. He is still doing extract/Partial mash. We even brewed his first partial mash last year

Back