Hey there

Shepington

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hey there Im Chris (Shep)

Newish to brewing, Im on batch number 5 of extracts with steeping grains but things seem to be going well. One day I'll graduate to BIAB. My last batch just finished conditioning in my new to me keezer, after 3 sesssions of bottling I could'nt take it anymore. Im in the DC area but will be moving around for the next 10 years ccause needs of the Navy(HOOYAH Submarines)

Prost!

Hey Shep!
Sounds like you're taking the same steps I did in brewing. Congrats on the keezer! I'll be making one soon and selling my kegerator - I wanna have more than one to two kegs in hand! Lol

After moving from extract to BIAB I eventually bought a Robobrew and love it! It might be fitting for someone like yourself moving around. Consider it when you make the dive in all grain.

Let me know if that sub ever makes it up north and you get stationed at PNSY and we'll brew a batch together!

Hey Shep!
Sounds like you're taking the same steps I did in brewing. Congrats on the keezer! I'll be making one soon and selling my kegerator - I wanna have more than one to two kegs in hand! Lol

After moving from extract to BIAB I eventually bought a Robobrew and love it! It might be fitting for someone like yourself moving around. Consider it when you make the dive in all grain.

Let me know if that sub ever makes it up north and you get stationed at PNSY and we'll brew a batch together!

I did about 6 months at PNSY in 2010, cant say i enjoyed the winter. Oddly enough i have been looking at robobrewers and saw a grainfather heavily discounted that i almost pulled the trigger on, too little too late.
My Keezer has 4 taps and my favorite so far in my Intertap I just got my growler fill attachment in yesterday cant wait to try it.

Funny! I have the Intertap in my cart on More Beer! I just bought another Torpedo Keg first though - 2.5 Gallon. I have a 1.5 gallon Torpedo keg and soon I'll have two 2.5 G and eventually another 5 Gallon as well. Going to get Three Intertaps for my future Keezer here in the next couple weeks!

I added a faucet to my Keezer a few months ago. I had 2 Perlick 525ss from the get go and added an Intertap which I use for cider. I got 3 of the Intertap closing springs and they work well on the Perlicks too. Wife has a cat that I have nightmares about opening a tap and flooding the house with beer.

Onya Shep being away at times from the HB will help it condition before you guzzle it:p. Welcome to the site

Hear ya on the bottling. Thank you for your service and welcome to the fermenter.

Back