Help with water profile

tailleur

Trial Member
Reaction score
I've got a water profile from our local treatment plant but I'm not sure how to input it into the water profile setup. I've taken a stab at it but I'm not sure I've done it right. The water profile I've created is Springfield Mo Fulbright Station.
Can someone help me with that? I'm in Springfield Mo and I'll upload the water data sheet.

thanks in advance,
Matt

Attachments

• fulbright water profile1601 FBE.pdf
    28.3 KB · Views: 90
I'm from Springfield, I run mine through 2 carbon filters and had it tested at ward labs as this 29 7 12 13 2 114 ph7.5
that report is a range and cant be trusted fully I got everything except Chloride on that sheet 47 5 13 15 10 168 ph7.6

Last edited:
Main things to consider in your brewing water: Calcium (Ca), Magnesium (Mg), Sodium (Na), Chloride (Cl), Sulfate (SO4).

Also should consider how much chlorine and chloramines are in the water, that can cause icky flavors.

I don't exactly know how to calculate Calcium from total hardness? But maybe that's the right number they're showing, an average of about 160 ppm.

The other minerals, looks like Magnesium is showing 5.7, Sodium showing 13, Chloride showing 15, and Sulfate ~10.

There's a formula - I can't remember it right off, but it's on the Webs somewhere, maybe even in "How to Brew."

Back