Hello from the Finger Lakes

PapaPaulie

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to brewers friend and haven't brewed for about a year. Looking forward to getting brewing again and would like to know if anyone has a clone recipe for Green Flashes Road Warrior, Rye DIPA? Thanks

Hello everyone, I am new to brewers friend and haven't brewed for about a year. Looking forward to getting brewing again and would like to know if anyone has a clone recipe for Green Flashes Road Warrior, Rye DIPA? Thanks
No clone, but welcome to BF. If you manage to find a clone, do share!

Welcome to Brewers Friend!
There are a couple other people here from Western NY.

Welcome @PapaPaulie
Green Flash Brewing is not too far from me in Southern California (San Diego area), and they make a great West Coast IPA. Good luck in your quest.

I search for "Green Flash" using the recipe search feature and came up with a bunch of West Coast IPA but no Road Warrier. So, I googled and found this from 2014 where Green Flash Brewmaster Chuck Silva said:
“Columbus and Mosaic hops, rich crystal malts and a touch of spicy rye malt build a mildly sweet, tannic base for Mosaic and Amarillo dry hopping — 2 pounds per barrel — to shine through in the beer’s firm finish. With layers of hop flavor and aroma, Road Warrior offers an amazing hop fruitiness that lends to the beer’s overall drinkability.”

Hope this give you a start on that recipe.

Back