Hello from Cleveland!

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been brewing on and off for years. I started with wine from frozen Welch's concentrate in college and then moved to beer extract kits later. I took quite a hiatus while starting my family but I'm not back to it and have brewed three extract kits in the last month. I'm hooked again and looking to get into all grain. I grabbed a 15 gallon kettle on a Black Friday deal and built a mash tun from a Home Depot cooler -- I think I'm pretty much ready to go. I bought grains and yeast today to make Hoppiness is an IPA from 'Brewing Classic Styles.'

Other interests include software, investing, gaming, and sports -- Indians, Cavaliers, and Eagles (originally from Philly area).

I like to read and watch videos so suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!!

Hello everyone, my name is James. I'm also from Cleveland
I'm brewing the last year and a half :)

Last edited:
Welcome from a fellow Ohioan (Columbus area)! I'd love to hear how to adjust mash pH if you figure it out, as that's something I'm working on :)

Thought you were going to say you were a Browns fan too. Being from Pittsburgh, and a big Steelers fan, we could have been rivals too. But being an Eagle fan is okay. :(

Welcome aboard!

Thought you were going to say you were a Browns fan too. Being from Pittsburgh, and a big Steelers fan, we could have been rivals too. But being an Eagle fan is okay. :(

Welcome aboard!

Ahh not a Browns fan but I will generally root for the home team. Its more of a comedy when it comes to the Browns. I will say though, if they ever win this town will go crazy. Thanks for the welcome!

Hello guys my names is Johny Smith.
Just join to you.Can i have link for "young beginner brewer"?Maybe so guide
Thanks in advance

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it's going to be bad." - Jons Ankle
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

Back