Hello from Aurora, CO

CoFlyGuy

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Greetings Fellow Hop Heads,

My name is Graham Moran. I am a father of two lovely kids, the husband of a stunning wife, and a culinary explorer. When not spending time in culinary exploration you will find me throwing disc golf or reading books.

My culinary explorations currently include using my Traeger Pro 780 or Weber Genesis II 335 grill. During the colder months I am cooking for my family.

Beer has been something I love to drink but I have found an interest in learning to brew my own. I want to do this as part of an addition to my culinary experiences.
Of course, it doesn't hurt that I live in Colorado, with so many micro breweries near by.

My next project is finding the equipment to get started.

Welcome!
Lots of good info here.

Welcome Graham.

As with most hobbies, you can spend a lot or just a little. Many start with an inexpensive all-in-one kit, which cones with a plastic spackle bucket... err, fermenter, and some very basic equipment. Then, if you like the results, you can invest in better equipment knowledgeably.

Please ask any questions you might have, we all like to help.

Welcome Graham.

As with most hobbies, you can spend a lot or just a little. Many start with an inexpensive all-in-one kit, which cones with a plastic spackle bucket... err, fermenter, and some very basic equipment. Then, if you like the results, you can invest in better equipment knowledgeably.

Please ask any questions you might have, we all like to help.
Thanks buddy, I appreciate it. I am thinking of getting a good starter set and doing a few small batch brews to see if this is something I really want to get deeper into. I guess I will be headed over to the brew shop later this week.

Besides costs, I think some small batches and stovetop, are a real good way to get to understand the process.

Greetings from.... Aurora, CO! Don't let Mark sell you too much stuff at the Brew Hut! We have a great little homebrew club that meets every first Sunday at 7:00 at the Brew Hut's classroom. All are welcome.... I, too, agree, start small. Brew something simple a few times to make sure your process is solid, then branch out.

Greetings from.... Aurora, CO! Don't let Mark sell you too much stuff at the Brew Hut! We have a great little homebrew club that meets every first Sunday at 7:00 at the Brew Hut's classroom. All are welcome.... I, too, agree, start small. Brew something simple a few times to make sure your process is solid, then branch out.
I think that link is wrong at the bottom, your signature link

I haven't been maintaining it for some time. Probably should remove it.

People keep signing into my Zoom.... To be honest, this meeting is the only reason I've kept the subscription. If we're not using it, I can save myself the $15 per month....

People keep signing into my Zoom.... To be honest, this meeting is the only reason I've kept the subscription. If we're not using it, I can save myself the $15 per month....

Since it only gets used for a Brewer's Friend meeting, you should see if @Yooper could reimburse you.

I seriously don’t care to use mine. If I can’t get on that month, which is rare we’ll figure something out. Hell I got it for BrewersFriend one month and never cancer. Actually got it cheaper when I tried to cancel.

Welcome to Brewers Friend Graham!
Why wait! Dive in with an extract kit!
I still use most of the bits that came with the Northern Brewer kit I bought on scamazon.
@Nosybear could probably direct you to an LHBS that likely sells extract kits.

I certainly can.... The Brewmaster kits at the Brew Hut make quite good beer.

Welcome to Brewers Friend Graham!
Why wait! Dive in with an extract kit!
I still use most of the bits that came with the Northern Brewer kit I bought on scamazon.
@Nosybear could probably direct you to an LHBS that likely sells extract kits.

Very true. I still use my 5 gallon kettle for heating sparge water and the 1 gallon (wine jug) fermentor became a 4 liter starter vessel.

Back