Hello and Happy New Year from Maryland

richbon

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm getting back into home brewing after a long time away having not brewed since the Clinton administration. I mostly did extract brews back then, and recently got excited about brewing again after learning about BIAB techniques that would give me a little more control over the process. My first batch - an English Bitter is now ready to drink and is tasting good, though I see some room for improvement. I'll probably hit the forum up for some tips. I have a Maibock getting ready for lagering now. Probably a Kolsch next...Cheers all!

Welcome @richbon back to the hobby. Brewing hasn't changed much since the last century, but equipment has, a little. In any case, we love to offer opinions and advice!

Welcome!
You came to the right place :)

Welcome to the forum. @richbon
Stop in to the monthly happy hour 1/6 if you want to put a few names to faces.
Cheers,
Brian

Hi all,
I'm getting back into home brewing after a long time away having not brewed since the Clinton administration. I mostly did extract brews back then, and recently got excited about brewing again after learning about BIAB techniques that would give me a little more control over the process. My first batch - an English Bitter is now ready to drink and is tasting good, though I see some room for improvement. I'll probably hit the forum up for some tips. I have a Maibock getting ready for lagering now. Probably a Kolsch next...Cheers all!
Welcome!!! Maibock is in my top 3 favorite styles! Send pictures of the finished product !

@BilltownBrewingCo Thanks - out of my first four batches, the Maibock is my favorite. It has developed into a nice beer. It had some grassy/grainy almost barnyard thing going on that I didn't totally like, but that has faded with time in the fridge. It's a little under-hopped for the body of this beer for my taste (1.068 og), but that may be truer to style. It dropped very clear in the bottles during conditioning before hitting the fridge, which was interesting. I used WLP833. Next up is a straight ahead Helles that I'm brewing this weekend.
IMG_2735.jpeg

@BilltownBrewingCo Thanks - out of my first four batches, the Maibock is my favorite. It has developed into a nice beer. It had some grassy/grainy almost barnyard thing going on that I didn't totally like, but that has faded with time in the fridge. It's a little under-hopped for the body of this beer for my taste (1.068 og), but that may be truer to style. It dropped very clear in the bottles during conditioning before hitting the fridge, which was interesting. I used WLP833. Next up is a straight ahead Helles that I'm brewing this weekend.View attachment 28452
Beautiful!

@BilltownBrewingCo Thanks - out of my first four batches, the Maibock is my favorite. It has developed into a nice beer. It had some grassy/grainy almost barnyard thing going on that I didn't totally like, but that has faded with time in the fridge. It's a little under-hopped for the body of this beer for my taste (1.068 og), but that may be truer to style. It dropped very clear in the bottles during conditioning before hitting the fridge, which was interesting. I used WLP833. Next up is a straight ahead Helles that I'm brewing this weekend.View attachment 28452
Schiessgebrau? :eek:

That looks pretty good!

Welcome to BF, that is excellent looking beer.

Welcome from a "land of pleasant living" expat and fellow bottler! Where are getting your supplies?

Back