Hazy Beer

cowboy7307

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Since i started BIAB all my beers come out hazy, fallowing all instructions 60min boil and hops added at right time , and using whirlfloc at around 10min
i have just made a couple of coopers kits beers and both are as clear,
The BIAB beers taste all right and i enjoy them
i have no way to cold crash if this is the issue

You cold crash in the bottle or keg. Time will do some clearing. If you are using wheat or some hazy yeasts, it might not clear for a long time. If you enjoy the beer, don't worry about the clarity.
Isn't it about time somebody posts the "Relex, don't worry, have a homebrew" quote?

If you beers taste allright then you are 99% there :)
I don't mind hazy beer. Maybe that got to do with drinking lots of Belgian beers which are generally carbonated in the bottle. You just pour slowly and leave the last little bit, same as with wine.

Anyway. Bottle and after carbonation is done, store them upright in the fridge for at least a couple of days. Weeks is better, but I don't have the self discipline :)

You cold crash in the bottle or keg. Time will do some clearing. If you are using wheat or some hazy yeasts, it might not clear for a long time. If you enjoy the beer, don't worry about the clarity.
Isn't it about time somebody posts the "Relex, don't worry, have a homebrew" quote?
OK I'll do it!

Relax and don't worry about that. Cold crashing helps along with time but some beers never clear up and are not supposed to.

Sound like you see what we all endure with hazy beer. These helped. Using a teaspoon of Irish Moss @ 15 minutes of the boil, and a week in the frig in the bottle. Adding a few days before bottling helped greatly (patience is not my virtue). What you see at bottling can be what you get. Tastes great? Carry on and have fun.

Gelatin helps too on the cold crash to grab all the negatively charged particles together and flock em out.

Seaweed or Irish moss grabs the positive well it's either ither lol.

And time helps to heal most wounds and hazy beer appearances ;).

Back