Have patience I'm new..

Thanks for clarifying that. It just wasn't clicking in my head. We have a room dedicated to our reptile collection that we maintain at 70F I fermented the beer in the corner of this room. I'll put it back there once bottled for a week then check.

Another piece of advice is that fermentation is exothermic. During active fermentation (in the beginning) the temperature inside your fermentation vessel will be higher than the ambient temperature. Apart from direct measurement, there's no way to really know how much. But, the more active the fermentation, the more heat generated. For the 1.050 OG beer you brewed, your fermentation temperature was likely 3-5°F (2-3°C) higher than ambient. It's important to keep fermentation temperatures within the yeast's optimal temperature range. What happens if you exceed your yeast's max temp range by a degree or two? Not much. But, the more you exceed the yeast's Happy Zone, the more chance of developing off flavors. Don't stress about it. Fermentation temperature control is one of the improvements that will have the biggest impact on your beer. However, many brewers don't and they still make good beer. It's just something to keep in mind.

Thanks everyone I just finished bottling. Ended up with 45 bottles. Didn't have a plastic bottle handy to use I will try to acquire one for next batch. Which will be tomorrow. A Hard Seltzer kit that is ready. Added the flavour packet today. Instructions say to wait 24 hrs to bottle. Also have a 1 gallon batch of Mead going that is on day 9. Just made a 5 gallon batch of Skeeter Pee and put into a carboy. Don't know but sounded interesting. I don't really like Mike's as it tastes nothing like lemonade so I figured why not. I've seen it posted that it tastes nothing like Mike's so that was a plus in my book.

Back