Have a few questions

Texas Ale Works

Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that my crazy ass brew day is behind me, I have a few questions.

1. for the brew log with BIAB, mash efficiency, Mash Complete / Pre-boil are the same thing right? Do I need both? or should I use one, if so which?

2. I had about a gallon of extra wort, I know that I am missing something in my equipment set up, but not sure what.where...any ideas.

Now that I have had a chance to get over the hellish day, I am trying to update the brew log, and dial in my system.

Last question, I am reinstalling/setting up my Tilt, i just want it to log to BF, is it possible not to log to google sheets, last time I tried it could not get it to work, but I think the Pi was too far away from the Tilt....

Thanks

Hoping this is the way they're meant to be used, but mash complete I use for extract efficiency. So all the water I used not how much is left in the kettle. That tells me how close (or not) I'm to the mythical 100% extraction.

That leaves pre-boil for the actual efficiency of how much water is in the kettle at the end of the mash. Gravity value is the same for both readings.

Was the extra water at the end of the mash? Maybe your grain absorption value, though that depends on how you treat the bag. Squeezing will defintely change that absorption number a lot and a long drain above the kettle will as well.

And does the tilt work for the Google sheets approach? If it does it's just the Tilt Pi setup, not signal problems.

I stopped using mash complete cause I was getting >100% every once in a while and it annoyed the hell out of me.

Back