Has anyone smoked brisket on the RT-340 yet and had amazing results?

miaamelia

Reaction score
Hey all.

I have owned my Rec Tec RT-340 for about 4 months now. I have attempted about 5 or 6 whole (packer) briskets and every

single time they have come out with a mouth watering and tender point end but the flat ends have all either been under

cooked & tough/dry or they have been overcooked & tough/dry. My last brisket cook was a 11.5 lb(trimmed) prime brisket

from Sams and it was done in only 8 hours!!!. I went for a more fast and hot method and cooked it @ 275 degrees, wrapped brisket in butcher paper at 165 degrees(stall period) until temp reached about 200-203, i also probed brisket and it felt like

butter so I pulled it, wrapped it in a couple of towels and into a open top bin (no cooler or foil as I did not want the brisket to

retain high heat or continue to cook after coming off smoker) I then let it cool for two hours. This method resulted in the best

brisket I have made so far but it still could have been a lot more tender imop. Any suggestions?

Hey all.

I have owned my Rec Tec RT-340 for about 4 months now. I have attempted about 5 or 6 whole (packer) briskets and every

single time they have come out with a mouth watering and tender point end but the flat ends have all either been under

cooked & tough/dry or they have been overcooked & tough/dry. My last brisket cook was a 11.5 lb(trimmed) prime brisket

from Sams and it was done in only 8 hours!!!. I went for a more fast and hot method and cooked it @ 275 degrees, wrapped brisket in butcher paper at 165 degrees(stall period) until temp reached about 200-203, i also probed brisket and it felt like

butter so I pulled it, wrapped it in a couple of towels and into a open top bin (no cooler or foil as I did not want the brisket to

retain high heat or continue to cook after coming off smoker at 12 lb) I then let it cool for two hours. This method resulted in the best

brisket I have made so far but it still could have been a lot more tender imop. Any suggestions?
thanks for any help

I have a couple of tricks that get me consistently good results when it comes to whole packers. First off, I inject the meat with a water/rub mix 8-16 hours before the meat goes on the smoker. After injecting the meat, I then rub the entire brisket with the rub. As for my cook, I prefer low and slow, typically at 225-250 Fahrenheit. I do the same thing you do at 165. The only thing different is I use butcher paper instead of tin foil. Rather than getting the meat up to 200 or 205 before pulling it off the smoker, I pull and rest my meat at 195 degrees Fahrenheit. I typically then wrap it in a towel and then put it into a cooler or the oven to rest.

Hopefully this helps with your next cook. Feel free to hit me up if you have any other questions.

raquel_welch_cave_girls_one_million_years_bc.jpg

?

Ug! Me like cave decor! LOL

Hey all.

butter so I pulled it, Wrapped it in a couple of towels and into an open-top bin (no cooler or foil, as I did not want the brisket to retain high heat or continue to cook after coming off the smoker). I then let it cool for two hours. This method resulted in the best brisket I have made so far, but it still could have been a lot more tender, in my opinion. Any suggestions for improvement? Also, any recommendations for enhancing the process while I dive into a poppy playtime chapter 2 download pc?
Hey there, It sounds like you've put a lot of effort into perfecting your brisket on the Rec Tec RT-340. For a more tender result, consider adjusting a few variables. Try extending the cook time slightly, perhaps aiming for a lower temperature around 250 degrees. Also, experiment with wrapping the brisket in foil during the rest to retain more moisture, and consider letting it rest longer, up to four hours, to allow the juices to redistribute. Additionally, ensure your meat probe is accurately calibrated for precise temperature readings. Keep tweaking these elements, and you'll likely find the sweet spot for that mouthwatering tenderness you're seeking.

It is a pity that miaamelia is no longer a Brewers Friend member.

Back