Cool, guys, thanks for all the input. As for making the mistakes before I did, I prefer learning from other people's mistakes. Ok, so I think I've got both methods down (in my head at least). My harvest yesterday is looking pretty darn good today. It's got a tiny bit of off-color from being used in a dark beer, but otherwise, got lots of little yeasties going to sleep in the bottom of the jar. The yeast is about a half inch deep in a 1 quart mason jar. Was gonna go to the brew store today, but figured I better cut my grass since all my neighbors did this past weekend. Going tomorrow without fail and will get another English Ale recipe, perhaps just a brown to try it out, as well as try out my 2nd generation yeast from the slurry. Kinda looking forward to having more yeast active before the alcohol content gets high enough to make it go dormant, and see how much it affects a malty beer. I'll grab some extra DME to make up my starter for my next two batches too. Already have the ingredients for that. Super easy brew, especially with dry packs. Just need to see what I can do for some other citrus that plays well with orange peel. Lemon gave it an excellent tartness, so maybe this time I target the sweetness of a tangerine with one batch. Been admiring the Tilt monitor, too. That thing looks like it's handier than a pocket on a shirt and the best thing since sliced bread for getting a profile that will tell ya what's going on after ya put the lid on a fermenter. I just kinda watch the air locks (I prefer the 3 piece ones for cleanliness) to see when I think it might be done.