Group effort recipe

After two days of bubbles in my blowoff tube settup, it stopped bubbling. Today I checked the gravity, expecting it to have stalled. Sure enough. Supposed to finish at 1.004. It's at 1.022. I stirred it up, trying to splash, but it's pretty full. I don't want to make a mess. I'm not doing anything with it until Monday. If the gravity is still too high, I'll put some more cider yeast in it. The temp was somewhere around 78-80° when I pitched it. Maybe I scalded some of the yeast. We'll see what happens.
What about unfermentables like that stuff in the sweetner packet? Im sure that will scue your hydrometer readings.

Lactose will
Dextrins will
Saccharine will
:rolleyes:.

Youll have to give it a taste but yeah should be more to go especially with cider yeast that stuffs similar to saison yeast it loves to munch up sugar.

Only other thing i can think of is nutrients for yeasties as this has no malted barley.

It does have malted barley. Two pounds of it. The instructions say that it should finish fermenting around 1.004. I gotta believe they are accounting for the additions they instruct you to add. (recipe OG 1.041-1.044, my start was 1.052, smaller fermenter.)

It does have malted barley. Two pounds of it. The instructions say that it should finish fermenting around 1.004. I gotta believe they are accounting for the additions they instruct you to add. (recipe OG 1.041-1.044, my start was 1.052, smaller fermenter.)
Yep true that more where I'd expect it to finish. Nothing but to rouse warm and wait I suppose.

So tonight I pitched another pack of yeast, and some yeast energizer. I'm leaving tomorrow until Sunday. I'll check on it when I return.

I racked this tonight, adding the flavor. The cranberry apple flavor included in the kit was a small, clear plastic pouch, probably around an ounce. Made me question how strong it is. I also added 2 ounces of peach flavor. It tasted pretty peachy. My wife is ok with that. So now I'll wait a couple weeks and keg it.

Kegged last night. My wife highly approved of a sample. Tomorrow I'll have her try it.

It ended at a disappointing 1.015. Next time I make this I'll use dextrose instead of DME. But my wife really does like it.

Back