Greetings from the hot Zambezi Valley

Zambi

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I just became a member and polite as I am, I thought I better introduce myself here;)

I have no experience whatsoever with brewing beer, but I decided that it is time to start brewing. Mainly because the choice of beers here in Zambia is very limited and I love some Belgian tripels and blondes.
I am in the process of assembling kit. This is not as easy as it sounds as I need to scrounge it together from different countries as there is next to nothing available here.
The plan is to start with a couple of beer kits and then progress to all-grain.
I got a lot to learn!

Cheers Zambizi good luck with your assemblidge of required brew gear. Any Homebrew stores nearby? What have you acquired so far? A few essentials and your off and brewing!

Ah, no homebrew shops nearby unfortunately.
I got some limited stuff here, couple of waterlocks, thermometer, pH paper and 2 food grade buckets with lid. Plus I got cooler boxes, and a fridge temperature regulator (bought for my sausage making exercises)
I've managed to convince some of my friends to take some small stuff up with them from South Africa, mainly cleaning cleaning stuff.
The rest is in the Netherlands waiting for me to go on leave and pick it up.
I managed to get a lot of second hand stuff. Hope it all fits in my bags!

I think I am fairly complete, except for ingredients
Brewing bucket 30 ltr with waterlock, big pot, wort chiller, bottle cleaner, siphoning pipe, bottle capper and bottle caps, hydrometer, measuring jug, grain mill, stirrers and spoons.

Welcome, good luck, and be sure to share your brewing adventures with us!

Thank you all!
I'll definitely will keep everyone updated and I'll have plenty questions closer to the time.
At the moment I am fooling around with some cider from packs of apple juice. Sort of different, but similar. Just bottled the stuff (it's only 2 litre). Now waiting....

Cider is good - I always have some (from packs of apple juice).

That's how you do it.

:)
We'll soon find out....
This was a real primitive batch, in old 2 litre vinegar bottles with baker's yeast......
As siad, they are bottled (in sprite plastic bottles) with some priming sugar. They are definitely making carbon dioxide as I can't press in the bottle anymore. Will leave them outside for a couple more days and then in the fridge, for I suppose a month or so.
There is another bottle that was set up with grape juice. Now I got to decide whether to call this grape cider or sweetish sparkling wine ;)

Welcome. No Amazon Prime next day? ;)

Wouldn't that be nice........

Back