Greetings from Texas!

Brewer #248031

Trial Member
Reaction score
I’m a boomerang home brewer, stopped brewing around 15 years ago, and now coming back! I had a really nice 3 kettle setup that I gave away to the local home brew club. Doing a little research, and would appreciate suggestions. I do want to simplify a little bit, the Blichmann BrewEasy looks kinda cool. Thoughts? Do any of you know of a reputable place for slightly used equipment?

Thanks Much!

Sorry, can’t help with new systems. I have a franken system but there are other (robobrew, etc.) systems that look awesome. Welcome aboard !

Welcome. Lots of electric all in one systems out there starting as low as $400 or so. Grainfather, Robobrew, Mash & Boil, ANvil has a new one out too. If you've got a larger budget, Blichman is nice as is HIGH gravity Brewing.

Welcome to Brewers Friend!

Welcome aboard and drink up!

While I have nothing to offer on one pot systems or hi-tech brewing, I'm sure you are seeing a sea change in the offered commercial systems since you last cooked up a batch! I'm still a nubie that jumped into all grain from the start and my advice is 2 words. Craig's List. The best thing that I can see in the one pots is a clean and relatively easy brew day where you are less likely to be doing a ton of lifting and moving like in a 3 pot. So given strength, ambition and the size of your wallet, you'll find a system that fits your style and used stuff that's in good shape can help! I'm building a 3 pot gravity rig right now and the only "new" technology I am incorporating is a pump.....and a cheap one at that!

Back