Greetings from SE Michigan (and a question)!

Cat P

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

After gaining some experience in brewing in the past, I’ve gotten back into it in the last year or so. I’m super excited to see how far the home-brewing scene has come and love being a part of it. I’m also the one who enjoys the cleanup part so add me to your team for a messy brew day. :)

Here’s a question for you-where do you go when trying to sell off or buy equipment? I’m lucky that I’m being mentored by an amazing home-brewer that has a fantastic set-up (spoiled is probably a better term because he does not have your average operation). He’s got some great equipment available but not seeing any interest. I’m just trying to help think of other advertising methods, especially ones that reach local groups. We aren’t a part of any clubs so don’t have that avenue.

Thought this crew might have some ideas for me. Look forward to being around more and contributing as best I can.

I can't help you with any sales or whatsoever. I'm quite sure I am out of your target area ;)
Welcome to the forum

Welcome to Brewers Friend!
Depending on where you are... in the US, Craig List, here in Canada kijiji. I have had good luck with selling on kijiji here including my 3 vessel keggle system.

Hi all,

After gaining some experience in brewing in the past, I’ve gotten back into it in the last year or so. I’m super excited to see how far the home-brewing scene has come and love being a part of it. I’m also the one who enjoys the cleanup part so add me to your team for a messy brew day. :)

Here’s a question for you-where do you go when trying to sell off or buy equipment? I’m lucky that I’m being mentored by an amazing home-brewer that has a fantastic set-up (spoiled is probably a better term because he does not have your average operation). He’s got some great equipment available but not seeing any interest. I’m just trying to help think of other advertising methods, especially ones that reach local groups. We aren’t a part of any clubs so don’t have that avenue.

Thought this crew might have some ideas for me. Look forward to being around more and contributing as best I can.
I've bought and sold gear on NextDoor, Facebook Marketplace and long ago on Craigslist. For sales, I always meet at our local police department, they have an area just for this kind of transaction. eBay is a choice, but a bit annoying if the item is not easily shippable. If there is a local homebrew shop and/or club, they may be able to assist.

A very flat market for brewing kit over here at the moment. Lots of people who took up brewing through the pandemic - remember that? :( - seem to have gone back to work. There's also a fairly serious cost of living squeeze on.

Plenty of small brewers going out of business here at the moment as well so lots of high quality kit available.

For getting gear, internet is always a great place, beer supply stores have lots of stuff. But don't discount Amazon. I get 90% of my stuff from there. They have allot of beer stuff and everything else i kinda invent for myself. (Either copying something I saw, or making it myself)

As for selling gear, never have, lol

Back