Great Deal

That makes my wife rest easier for sure! She did not like seeing me do that.

Still doing it. We brew in our garage that is 100' from my house. So we both grab a handle and carry to the basement door, then I grab the kettle and shuttle it down the steps to the laundry tub for chilling. Been actually looking into BIAB using the High Gravity System (Link). Have to install a vent hood and upgrade a circuit to 220v. Although that will make life easier in several ways (down the road), for now we enjoy brewing outside rather than being cooped up in the basement.

Still doing it. We brew in our garage that is 100' from my house. So we both grab a handle and carry to the basement door, then I grab the kettle and shuttle it down the steps to the laundry tub for chilling. Been actually looking into BIAB using the High Gravity System (Link). Have to install a vent hood and upgrade a circuit to 220v. Although that will make life easier in several ways (down the road), for now we enjoy brewing outside rather than being cooped up in the basement.
You could always ferment the beer outside in the garage no? At my new place I've got my kegerator and ferm chamber sitting down the end of the patio I brew in the same spot so still a short lif but I just recently put castors on my brew stand to make it more mobile he he he.

Yeah we don't have basements in our houses here in Aus we do have high set style houses with a large subfloor like the classic Queenslander style. Check out be brew stand

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    199.1 KB · Views: 318
Maximum grain capacity for the Mash & Boil is 16 lbs. Today’s recipe is 16 5/8 pounds. Let’s see what happens...

Let’s see what happens...
Ugh. 14 points under the 1.079 I was looking for. The kettle was very full during the mash, and the mash was very thick. I considered mashing a few pounds on the stove, and then combining. I’m not a squeezer, but I’m sure that would’ve been good for a few points. Horrible efficiency on this one. I guess maybe I’ll have to go back to propane on the high gravity brews.

all I can say is add sugar, its cheap i just piked up 4 pounds for $198

Actually, I’m just gonna leave it alone and figure out how to improve the next batch I make later this week. I have exceeded the OG on this before.

Back