Grainfather: how can you easily place the bottom filter?

Brouwerij Nuenhem

Trial Member
Reaction score
I read different experiences with regard to the installation of the bottom filter of the Grainfather... So far, that's pretty reasonable; I put some fine powder from the scraped malt on it and then it goes with a little effort.
I recently saw a video on youtube of someone who was very agile. I can't find that video anymore ... According to me, he dropped it very easily into the water-filled Grainfather. Does anyone know where I can find that video?

Question: How do you apply that filter?

I've seen countless videos and what I've found works best for me is just rolling the edge is my milled grains or in a small handful of regular flour. I'm probably just going to tack weld mine on one of these days and be that'll be that. I've never considered it a huge deal but I have seen some real rage over it out there lol.

I've always had good luck spraying Star San in the mash tun for lubrication. Insert the plate vertically almost to the bottom, and turn the plate flat, pressing gently around the plate seal to seat it. I rarely have the seal pop off.

Back