Grain volume

Sunfire96

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello friendly admins,

Is there a way to add the grain volume calculation to the quick water report? I find myself pulling up biabcalculator.com concurrently with BF to make sure my batches will fit in my kettle. Thanks, cheers!

Hello friendly admins,

Is there a way to add the grain volume calculation to the quick water report? I find myself pulling up biabcalculator.com concurrently with BF to make sure my batches will fit in my kettle. Thanks, cheers!
Never realized it wasn't there! Will definitely pass this along.

Good news is recently there was a mash tun volume warning added to QWR, but we should explicitly display it even when it's not an issue!

upload_2022-9-3_17-58-59.png

Attachments

• upload_2022-9-3_17-58-41.png
    upload_2022-9-3_17-58-41.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 45
Never realized it wasn't there! Will definitely pass this along.

Good news is recently there was a mash tun volume warning added to QWR, but we should explicitly display it even when it's not an issue!

View attachment 22151
So what does this warning mean? It's a 30 quart boil kettle and MLT...seems like it should fit?

upload_2022-9-4_9-42-52.png

So what does this warning mean? It's a 30 quart boil kettle and MLT...seems like it should fit?

View attachment 22159
I'd have to check the recipe, but that should be when the recipe batch size is less than the calculated batch size based on the boil sizes and boil off rate.

Example: recipe batch = 5 gallons
Boil off rate = 1 gal per hour, boil time = 1 hour
Postboil is 5.5 gallons
Preboil is 6.5 gallons

This might be totally legit, if you usually leave behind a half gallon of wort in the kettle, but if you haven't added that loss to your equipment profile then the QWR is going to throw a warning accordingly.

Back