Good day.

Dopeydog

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello. I have been homebrewing about 5 years, most of my brews from kits using extract. I have just started all grain and done 2 okay brews so far. I made the mash vessel from a 10 gallon Igloo cooler, have a 14 G. kettle and 2 conical fermenters that hold a max. 7 G. I do not have temperature control in my garage ; I will get a heat pump someday so I don't have to wrap the fermenter with either a seedling mat for heat or gel freezer blocks for cool ! We all know how important temperature control is. I am currently finishing up a visit to the U.K. leaving Heathrow tomorrow for the N.W. state of Washington U.S. where I live. I grow about 14 hop varieties and I hope I have not missed picking completely this year ; September was not the best month to be gone !
One highlight of my trip was to Badger Brewing in Dorset. If any reader has the opportunity to visit this southern county in England ; do it ; stay at Blandford Forum and go on the brewery tour.
Cheers.

Sounds like a good start. You can get pretty good temp control with a chest freezer for only a couple hundred bucks.

What part of Wa do you live? I lived just outside tacoma for 30 years

Welcome to our asylum. I live in the PNW now (Eugene, OR) after more than 56 years in Southern California. Ever since my second brew, I have been an all grain brewer. My brewery has no temperature control either, but my garage seems to stay rather cool, and that is where my fermenters will be kept. In winter, I will be able to lager, while summer might require the use of Kveik yeasts. It would be great to grow hops, and at least one home in my neighborhood has a nice selection of hops. Anyway, brew on!

Cheers mate enjoy the hobby looking for inspiration come hang out here for awhile we'll get you brewing :).

I do not have temperature control in my garage ; I will get a heat pump someday so I don't have to wrap the fermenter with either a seedling mat for heat or gel freezer blocks for cool !
Welcome to the clubhouse...with skills like that, you'll fit right in! What's your next brew now that you're back home?

Welcome back to the US, and welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum. Always nice to see others join us and share in our insanity. We are glad to have you hear. Please share some of your recipes with us all. Nice label on the can by the way.

Traveling jobs do tend to wreak havoc on hobbies and life in general, yet perhaps offer some experiences that may not otherwise be feasible. Welcome.

Back