Getting back to it...

Brewer #422752

Trial Member
Reaction score
Howdy from outside of Houston! I recently bought some gently used equipment from a local home brewer who is looking for his next hobby. This is great for me as I have been a novice for many years. This is going to help take my brews to a new level. Any tips and tricks for building a better brew or recipe is absolutely welcome.

Happy brewing everyone!
Brian

Welcome to Brewer's Friend!

Well, a place to start is knowing the kinds of beer you like most.

With that in mind, I generally go to the recipe list on Brewer's Friend, find something interesting, and study it. Comparing similar recipes will give you an idea of what is important and what isn't, since the less-important stuff tends to be used in far fewer recipes. Then I copy one I want to try and put it in my own folder, then tweak it for my specific system parameters and preferences.

We can help!

Welcome!
It is the brewer that takes the beer to another level, the equipment is just the equipment ;)
We are here to help each other on our brewing journey's, ask all the questions you like!

Welcome Brian.

I still haven't progressed beyond brewing extract kits in a fermenting bin, partly because some really good ones have been produced recently and partly due to currently being happy enough in my early days experimenting with dry hopping. But if I was you embarking on such a journey with that newly acquired equipment; I would probably start with a beer you have already managed to brew to your satisfaction. I am sure all the info and help you need is here.

Howdy from outside of Houston! I recently bought some gently used equipment from a local home brewer who is looking for his next hobby. This is great for me as I have been a novice for many years. This is going to help take my brews to a new level. Any tips and tricks for building a better brew or recipe is absolutely welcome.

Happy brewing everyone!
Brian
Welcome to the forum! I can tell you the thing that made the biggest difference in our beers was going from our well water to purchasing R.O. water and building its minerality from scratch. By far and away the biggest jump we've made.

Back