G'day from tasmania

brewza

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Peter, from Hobart Tasmania, been brewing extract and partial mash and small batch all grain for many years, now all I brew is all grain using a RoboBrew gen 3,

Considering what my company pays Telstra for internet Aussies don't have much to talk about. ;)

That's what I mean. It's terrible.

That's what I mean. It's terrible.
Yep telstra have no real competitor's in aus so pretty much charge what they want.
Now America and Canada are large countries with wide open spaces i wonder if you guys have the intermittent internet connection we get out in the interior regions?

Absolutely. It's amazing how much "wide open space" there is in the US. Internet is mostly confined to large rural areas and along major highway corridors. That pretty much rules out Iowa Nevada Nebraska, Kansas, North and South Dakota, Idaho, New Mexico, Arizona, and such. That's a big chunk of North Amarica there you betcha.

Last edited:
they also have satellite Internet available but of course it's not free at all and the new one that's just up and running will go 100mbs

We had a site in west Texas that moving from Satellite to fibre saved us 27k a month. It only took the executives 18 months to approve the change...

We had a site in west Texas that moving from Satellite to fibre saved us 27k a month. It only took the executives 18 months to approve the change...
Project manager doing discovery no doubt

Hi all,

My name is Peter, from Hobart Tasmania, been brewing extract and partial mash and small batch all grain for many years, now all I brew is all grain using a RoboBrew gen 3,
Welcome mate, I live in Melbourne and have a shack in Miena on the Great Lake.............Love Tassie.

That would be awesome to have.
It is an awesome place, I fell in love with it when I first went there flyfishing about 20 years ago and was lucky enough to be able to buy the shack.

Back