Fruited Belgian Tripel!??!!

Raspberry, black current, blueberry with Meyer lemon?

You can use table sugar instead of candi...
I like my tripel to be like tripel, so no fruits ;)

Your fruit might take away from it, but the blueberry in my Saison was interesting. I think this is one where you need to use the Pils, especially one that has a little of the sharp Pils bite to it.
I didn't get quite what I wanted in my Dubbel yet, but I like it, and a good Pilsner malt kind of makes those Belgian beers. If you are going to make this one, I would not use the 2 row.
There is an "American Tripel" that is made by Coppertail in Tampa. It is basically a high alcohol, sucky beer. I would try not to go in that direction.

Last edited:
Your fruit might take away from it, but the blueberry in my Saison was interesting. I think this is one where you need to use the Pils, especially one that has a little of the sharp Pils bite to it.
I didn't get quite what I wanted in my Dubbel yet, but I like it, and a good Pilsner malt kind of makes those Belgian beers. If you are going to make this one, I would not use the 2 row.
There is an "American Tripel" that is made by Coppertail in Tampa. It is basically a high alcohol, sucky beer. I would try not to go in that direction.
If i could i would, but i didnt plan this before my grain order...soo....i have 2 row lol. Honestly i am not a HUGE fan of Tripels, i generally prefer doubles or quads, but my dark beer line is happily occupied with a chocolate stout. WHEN I have more draft lines I will work in some more belgian styles.

I could always do the blueberry lemon in a sour???

Hopefully im able to make a good one even with the 2R

Dextrose adds 'less' to the package, in terms of flavor, so might be a better choice.

Man, you need a 2.5 gallon Anvil system to try new things.

Dextrose adds 'less' to the package, in terms of flavor, so might be a better choice.

Man, you need a 2.5 gallon Anvil system to try new things.
Lol naw I need a 3.5bbl 2 or 3 vessel and a hot liquor tank. Mainly the hot liquor tank would make my life 75% easier.

If you have a bunch of 2 row, get some corn, and make a nice, simple Pre Pro lager. Someone down the road just did that, and it was selling like crazy. A really good beer that tastes like beer is always good.

Back