From the Lake of the Woods

Wood House Hall

Trial Member
Reaction score
Greetings all!

- Located near Champaign, IL near Lake of the Woods state park.

- Second year zymurgist

- Graduated to all grain this spring

- 12 brews to date (loved all but 2)

- Small business owner in agriculture and former Marine (really helps with all of the cleaning and sanitation!)

Love the site, love the BF community, and love beer. I look forward to participating.

- Cheers!

Glad to have ya aboard! what sort of agriculture are you in if you don't mind me asking?

My company is called AgriSphere (www.agrisphere.com). We provide operational safety, maintenance, and food safety (FSMA) programs to clients; our services include auditing program development, and technology solutions. We leverage our proprietary agriculture-focused ERP platform and various apps (for auditing, digital forms, LOTO, Confined Space, etc.) to enhance our programs. We're part consulting and part technology company. We serve a wide range of clients from private grain companies, full-service cooperatives, livestock producers, organic / non-GMO bean processors, sugar beet processors, and large-scale grain companies. We've been in business for about 3 years with over 65 facilities using our products. We also provide our on-site training and can do a wide range of projects beyond our core programs.

...whew...elevator pitch over. Questions?

Thanks for asking!

Haha, no prob. ERP and LOTO? I dont think those mean what I think they mean

So it sounds like you're helping at the factory or farm level, rather than the consumer level?

Sounds like we may do something sort of similar maybe, Im in the aviation safety field (for now until the brewery gets up and running)

E.R.P. - enterprise resource planning system

LOTO - Lock-out / Tag-out

I'm sure that's what you thought they meant!

Are you FAA? I was in the air wing in the Marine Corps. I worked on ATC radars, so I'm vaguely families with aviation safety.

Ahhhhh, ok. have heard of LOTO then, in relation to aircraft maintenance. thought ERP was emergency response plan. might be similar to what you're talking about, how to carry on after an accident or incident, but maybe not

We do work mostly with FAA part 91 operators, but also do a healthy bit of international work too. and thanks for your service :) (there's no salute emoji?)

Thanks sir. It was my pleasure.

Just like with any acronym there are many meanings:

ERP - Enterprise Resource Planning (software system)

ERP - Emergency Response Plan (documented plan for responding to emergencies - evac., protocols, etc.)

We do both. GTG or FUBAR.

Haha, hope for the best, plan for the worst

Sounds kinda like my brew days...

And what we're the 2 brews that didn't turn out so well?

The first brew I made was a Kolsch kit extract recipe. Flavor was good but I couldn't get it to carbonate right, it never really worked.

The other one I didn't care for was a milk stout. Now, I like all kinds of beer, from stouts to American lagers, but this was just off. I compared it to Lefthand Nitro and it wasn't nearly as drinkable. I almost wonder if it would have worked better on nitro, but it was probably just the brewer! It too was a kit extract recipe.

I've loved, drank, and shared all my all grain brews.

Welcome glad to have you here , im a production supervisor for a corrugated box plant , Safety is our #1 priority, we take LOTO very seriously 1 violation = termination I would rather walk someone out then carry them out, keep up the good work

Back