Fridge to pitch temp?

Discussion in 'Beginners Brewing Forum' started by Jhogan0101, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Trialben

Trialben Well-Known Member

Pest control tech
    A safer bet if not going to make a starter I think they even market their yeast as "Pitch ready"
    200billion cells on average per pack.

2. Ward Chillington

Ward Chillington Well-Known Member

What he said! That or go dry....there's a cross reference chart out there on the inner webs for wets to packets that will give you the desired strain you are looking for...I don't think I caught what Wyeast strain you were using or what your gravity readings were so we are indeed already down that hole that Mase cited.

If you use dry and follow the pitching guide, go ahead and follow the rehydration directions so you can get the maximum cell count and give those flocculating fellows a little nip of wort while they are waking up so there is even less shock then you dump the slurry.

3. Craigerrr

Craigerrr Well-Known Member

Yeast are living organisms, . If the package has 200 billionish living cells and you need 300 billion, you need to make a starter, or pitch 1.5 packs.
    If you only need 180 billion, allow to come to room temperature and pitch.
    It's up to you to pitch the right amount of yeast for your batch. It is not up to the yeast company to put the right number of cells in a pack for you.
    Just trying to give you a different way to look at it. Your stalled fermentations may not be the fault of the yeast.