Fridge to pitch temp?

I'd be making a starter

What he said! That or go dry....there's a cross reference chart out there on the inner webs for wets to packets that will give you the desired strain you are looking for...I don't think I caught what Wyeast strain you were using or what your gravity readings were so we are indeed already down that hole that Mase cited.

If you use dry and follow the pitching guide, go ahead and follow the rehydration directions so you can get the maximum cell count and give those flocculating fellows a little nip of wort while they are waking up so there is even less shock then you dump the slurry.

Yeast are living organisms, . If the package has 200 billionish living cells and you need 300 billion, you need to make a starter, or pitch 1.5 packs.
If you only need 180 billion, allow to come to room temperature and pitch.
It's up to you to pitch the right amount of yeast for your batch. It is not up to the yeast company to put the right number of cells in a pack for you.
Just trying to give you a different way to look at it. Your stalled fermentations may not be the fault of the yeast.

Back