Freezer issues

cold is now, happy you are!

Hey guess what I think I mighta worked out what's going on with my glycol freezer.
Well I've got the freezer thermostat set on "Min" thinking that's the minimum temperature well I had a looksie at the manual tonight after witnessing the freezer still not being on when the stc was calling for cooling at -10

Check itView attachment 22602

Sorry but that's reverse psychology man!

Heads up to anyone else using a freezer maybe you mightnt have the inbuilt thermostat set to its minimum setting or should i say maximum cooling setting:confused: lol!

As soon as I set the dial around to Max guess what the compressor kicked in yay!
Ha! Mystery solved. Min is max and Max is min. :rolleyes:o_O

Yup sometimes it's the little things that get overlooked.
Atleast I was on the right track thinking of bypassing the thermostat altogether.

Hey guess what I think I mighta worked out what's going on with my glycol freezer.
Well I've got the freezer thermostat set on "Min" thinking that's the minimum temperature well I had a looksie at the manual tonight after witnessing the freezer still not being on when the stc was calling for cooling at -10

Check itView attachment 22602

Sorry but that's reverse psychology man!

Heads up to anyone else using a freezer maybe you mightnt have the inbuilt thermostat set to its minimum setting or should i say maximum cooling setting:confused: lol!

As soon as I set the dial around to Max guess what the compressor kicked in yay!
Exactly why I like the ones that say "COLDER" on one end of the dial, and "WARMER" on the other. Glad ya found something to point your finger at.

Ah yes, the test for humor impairment
Sadly, too many take themselves way too seriously these days and impairment is a gross understatement .

Glad ya got it worked out. One of those “DOH!” moments. You’re not old enough to get let off the hook that easily

Good luck hope you come to a more logical solution than I did lol:D.

I sure am a D!ckhead sometimes but I'm always amused by my stupidity lol:p
It is fun to learn from one’s own stupidity unless someone else spots said stupidity first. That “Why in HELL did I do that!” moment that goes viral just about the same time you figure out why is probably the best teacher ever.

It is fun to learn from one’s own stupidity unless someone else spots said stupidity first. That “Why in HELL did I do that!” moment that goes viral just about the same time you figure out why is probably the best teacher ever.
Think we have all done that

A quote I heard yesterday.
"If nothing's going wrong in your life, you're not up to much":p!

A quote I heard yesterday.
"If nothing's going wrong in your life, you're not up to much":p!
In my former job, we used to say "If you ain't broke something, you haven't been doing anything!" The noobs didn't think it was as funny as we did.

In my former job, we used to say "If you ain't broke something, you haven't been doing anything!" The noobs didn't think it was as funny as we did.
Only way to learn is to break S@#t:p.

Sorta why when I was a kid Mum and Dad used to give me a talk before entering a store "now Ben DONT TOUCH ANYTHING"!:p

At least these days I don't get into trouble for taking things apart :)

Only way to learn is to break S@#t:p.

Sorta why when I was a kid Mum and Dad used to give me a talk before entering a store "now Ben DONT TOUCH ANYTHING"!:p

At least these days I don't get into trouble for taking things apart :)

When I was 14, we had a typical afternoon thunderstorm come through and lightning struck the powerline to our house. Most everything was OK,(we didn't have many electronics back then) but it nearly blew the clock motor out of the washing machine, which was already 20 years old, so my mother was very excited about finally getting a new washer. That poor machine looked like it took a direct hit from the lightning. There was a streak of paint missing where it went down the panel all the way to the floor, and a burnt spot on the floor. Pretty good strike I'd call that.

She and my step-dad went to Sears and Roebuck in a town about 30 miles away to look at new washers, leaving me home to my own devices. Leaving me alone was NEVER a good idea, and both of 'em knew it, but hey, they told me I couldn't go. My only saving grace was that they'd decided to go back the next day to buy after mulling over prices and budget after dinner that evening. My job while they were gone was to get the old machine out of the utility room. After extracting the heavy bugger by myself, I took it apart to see what makes a washing machine tick. We had another (different brand and model) out in the shed with a failed transmission (NO IDEA why we still had it), so I took the back off it. Hmmm, that looks the same (well, other than the magic blue smoke was still in that one).... Take out the clock motor and drum switch from the one with the dead transmission, replace the blown-up one in the lightning struck machine, and other than a few burn marks, it was good as new. Well, as new as 20 years old with a lightning scar is. When they got home, I'd put a load of laundry in and was puffed up like a peacock because I'd saved the old washer which was happily spin drying the clothes that my mother didn't have to wash by hand while my step-dad made the decision to let go of the money. My mother was NOT happy, nor impressed (though I'm certain that's one of the things that made me become an engineer), but my step-dad was ecstatic. That machine was still kicking when I left home nearly 4 years later, and my mother still didn't have her new washing machine. I still don't understand why she was so upset with me (tongue firmly in cheek).

When I was 14, we had a typical afternoon thunderstorm come through and lightning struck the powerline to our house. Most everything was OK,(we didn't have many electronics back then) but it nearly blew the clock motor out of the washing machine, which was already 20 years old, so my mother was very excited about finally getting a new washer. That poor machine looked like it took a direct hit from the lightning. There was a streak of paint missing where it went down the panel all the way to the floor, and a burnt spot on the floor. Pretty good strike I'd call that.

She and my step-dad went to Sears and Roebuck in a town about 30 miles away to look at new washers, leaving me home to my own devices. Leaving me alone was NEVER a good idea, and both of 'em knew it, but hey, they told me I couldn't go. My only saving grace was that they'd decided to go back the next day to buy after mulling over prices and budget after dinner that evening. My job while they were gone was to get the old machine out of the utility room. After extracting the heavy bugger by myself, I took it apart to see what makes a washing machine tick. We had another (different brand and model) out in the shed with a failed transmission (NO IDEA why we still had it), so I took the back off it. Hmmm, that looks the same (well, other than the magic blue smoke was still in that one).... Take out the clock motor and drum switch from the one with the dead transmission, replace the blown-up one in the lightning struck machine, and other than a few burn marks, it was good as new. Well, as new as 20 years old with a lightning scar is. When they got home, I'd put a load of laundry in and was puffed up like a peacock because I'd saved the old washer which was happily spin drying the clothes that my mother didn't have to wash by hand while my step-dad made the decision to let go of the money. My mother was NOT happy, nor impressed (though I'm certain that's one of the things that made me become an engineer), but my step-dad was ecstatic. That machine was still kicking when I left home nearly 4 years later, and my mother still didn't have her new washing machine. I still don't understand why she was so upset with me (tongue firmly in cheek).
F YEAH man awesome story.
Yup sure is fun nonetheless and you got it going again that is Satisfaction Right there and true brilliance as a kid know to replace the lightning struck part with the replacement.

Most people wouldn't have got past the taking the old machine out phase and wouldn't of even took to it with a screwdriver cudos to you man.

F YEAH man awesome story.
Yup sure is fun nonetheless and you got it going again that is Satisfaction Right there and true brilliance as a kid know to replace the lightning struck part with the replacement.

Most people wouldn't have got past the taking the old machine out phase and wouldn't of even took to it with a screwdriver cudos to you man.
Unfortunately, we live in a 'throw-away" society these days. At that age, I was so poor I couldn't even pay attention, so learned to use things till they can't be used. That very same intuitiveness, creativity, and shade-tree mechanic mentality is exactly what endears me to the rural Aussie way of life. If an outback Aussie throws it away, it's definitely done. I'm just a cheapskate that doesn't wanna spend a dollar if I can fix whatever's broke, or modify something to make it work better. I'm the redneck version of Tim the Toolman with my roll of duct tape and baling wire. Add in a bottle of Gorilla glue, and I'm set to fix ANYTHING.

Back