Forum notifications on dashboard page?

Blackmuse

Lifetime Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I know when I was new to using BF - I didn't think or know to look back to the forum page and typically only used the Dashboard page... I ended up with a lot of messages and notifications the first time I went back to the Forum page... Not a huge deal but I feel that some newer users could benefit from having a notification right on their dashboard page that they've received responses to questions they posted on the forums or that someone messaged them directly.

Just a thought.

I know when I was new to using BF - I didn't think or know to look back to the forum page and typically only used the Dashboard page... I ended up with a lot of messages and notifications the first time I went back to the Forum page... Not a huge deal but I feel that some newer users could benefit from having a notification right on their dashboard page that they've received responses to questions they posted on the forums or that someone messaged them directly.

Just a thought.

This idea is whirling around in my brain, so thanks for the suggestion.
Our forum and software is separated by several things, so not sure the best way to go about this but I'll give it some thought and then see what the developers think too. Thanks!!!!!!

As a new user I can affirm what Blacmuse said. I find it a bit overwhelming navigating the forum. I have posted several questions and suggestions so far today and now I am not sure how to see if and when there is further input. I clicked the "watch thread" button but am not sure what happens after that. So to have some sort of indication on my dashboard would be cool.

I get notifications in my email that I registered on the board with...

Yep, you can set your notifications.
Also when you reply to a thread, click on "more options" and you can change your preferences for that specific thread.

And/or, just check "new posts" :cool:

As a new user I can affirm what Blacmuse said. I find it a bit overwhelming navigating the forum. I have posted several questions and suggestions so far today and now I am not sure how to see if and when there is further input. I clicked the "watch thread" button but am not sure what happens after that. So to have some sort of indication on my dashboard would be cool.
I rarely go to the 'rest of' the site, I just visit the forum almost exclusively. In the main forum page I see indications for new responses at the top right of the page.

My email is quite busy already so I don't subscribe to or watch threads. Indeed, my normal routine is to check for responses on the main forum page, then scan 'new messages'.

Ward asked what I have in the fermenter. Right now it is an English golden ale but I use pilsner malt as the base. I brew it in June with elderflowers instead of hops in the whirlpool and it is wonderful. Last year the elder flowers had no aroma so I decided to dry hop it like an IPA and it came out so good I brewed it 3 times in 2022. This batch is hopped entirely with Trident, so that is what I plan to call it. I just did the first load of dry hops today. Monday the next load goes in. Then cold crash and fine. Should be in the keg by Feb 22 or so.

Back