Forgot an ingredient

Bubba Wade

Trial Member
Reaction score
Well, just about at the end of the boil, I saw my Crystal 60 malt sitting there. I forgot to put it in the mill, so it didn’t make it in the mash.

Now it was only a 4% addition and I had some Caravienne in there, so I think it’s still going to be a decent batch for an American Pale Ale. Just a bit lighter in color.

But I’m sure it will be better than the pumpkin pie that my mother-in-law made when she forgot to add the sugar.

Did that with some DME a few batches ago. I needed some form the Wayners since I was a little low on base malt. After I turned off the kettle I remembered.

Well, just about at the end of the boil, I saw my Crystal 60 malt sitting there. I forgot to put it in the mill, so it didn’t make it in the mash.

Now it was only a 4% addition and I had some Caravienne in there, so I think it’s still going to be a decent batch for an American Pale Ale. Just a bit lighter in color.

But I’m sure it will be better than the pumpkin pie that my mother-in-law made when she forgot to add the sugar.

You're definitely not alone! It's great finding stuff on your rack or in your freezer that you forgot to add lol.

I once had a slice of cheese cake at a restaurant known for its culinary art. The cook made a wee mistake, he/she used salt instead of sugar!

I once had a slice of cheese cake at a restaurant known for its culinary art. The cook made a wee mistake, he/she used salt instead of sugar!
Ouch!!!!

Back