Force carbonation question for hazy beers

Reaction score
Hi all
I've always forced carbed beers that are clear so I crash cool in a corny, force carb and then bottle using a beer gun.
My question is, if I crash cool a hazy beer to do the same process would this clear the beer or reduce the haze. I have been told that force carbonation should be done with cold beer.
What do you do to carbonate hazy beers without affecting clarity?
Thanks

Hi all
I've always forced carbed beers that are clear so I crash cool in a corny, force carb and then bottle using a beer gun.
My question is, if I crash cool a hazy beer to do the same process would this clear the beer or reduce the haze. I have been told that force carbonation should be done with cold beer.
What do you do to carbonate hazy beers without affecting clarity?
Thanks
It may reduce the haze a touch. I'd just turn the keg upside down for a few minutes before bottling. I've done that for draught a few times, but don't really bother any more. I find it's weeks with cold that reduces it if you've got a real haze.

It may reduce the haze a touch. I'd just turn the keg upside down for a few minutes before bottling. I've done that for draught a few times, but don't really bother any more. I find it's weeks with cold that reduces it if you've got a real haze.

That's a good idea never thought of turning the keg upside down. Thanks pal

My hazy's stay hazy in the keg, after force carbing for about a day and a half to two days at 30#. I don't know what effect bottling with the beer gun might have.

Back