First time BIAB

cowboy7307

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Looking at some of the recipes and found one i would like to try, it's a 40Lt batch ,but i only want to make 10LT

Do i just divide every thing by 4, or is there more to it than that

Looking at some of the recipes and found one i would like to try, it's a 40Lt batch ,but i only want to make 10LT

Do i just divide every thing by 4, or is there more to it than that
In the recipe editor, there is a “Scale” feature, which I think can scale by batch size.
@Josh Hughes beat me to it.

@cowboy7307 you look like you’ve been brewing a while but only posted a few times. Looking forward to learning from ya!

Your water requirement is one thing that wouldn't be a divide x 4. If your boil off rate is the same on the smaller batch, that would be one contributing factor.

I brewed a few years ago gave up, just going to try again, mostly Can an sugar not great beer,
more time on my hands now that iam retired
with my original question , and many thanks for replying ,
can i copy the original recipe and paste it in or do i have to put it in to recipe builder manually

Mostly you can divide by 4.
Since you say it is your first biab, you don't know you're boil off rate yet, so it's a bit of a gamble.
I would leave your water as is, assuming you can drink straight from the tap. You may need campden tablets though, depending on where you are (if your tap water is chlorinated).
What equipment do you have? Size of pots & pans and fermenter?
Best advice I ever got was to brew on gravity, not volume. So I may end up with a bit less or more litres, but at the right SG ;)

I brewed a few years ago gave up, just going to try again, mostly Can an sugar not great beer,
more time on my hands now that iam retired
with my original question , and many thanks for replying ,
can i copy the original recipe and paste it in or do i have to put it in to recipe builder manually
Copy the original recipe then
Screenshot_20230412_182219_Chrome.jpg

Hit the scale button
And then add your new batch size
Screenshot_20230412_182205_Chrome.jpg

After the batch size you can input your brew house efficiency too

Back