first go carbonating in corny keg

Mumbles

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Brewers,

I've just set up my first corny keg and transferred my brew from the conditioning tank.

Two questions.

First; some small amounts of hops from the dry-hop got into the tank - will this be a problem?

Two; it's winter here and about 7c outside in the day and 4c overnight. I've set my corny outside in the shade with the regulator on 30psi. Will that be ok? My other option is to put it in my beer cellar which is running at about 11C constantly (it's a pub).

If I read this correctly you are now carbonating your beer you want to leave it in the colder temperature for a day or two to carbonate and then move it into the Beer Cellar to bring it to serving temperature which is about 42 degrees Fahrenheit or 10 degrees Celsius

Let me clarify and be a little more specific and answer the first question which I missed depending on the amount of hops it went over I don't think you'll have a problem it should drop from suspension if it's cold enough overnight it may come out in the first couple glasses but you'll be fine if it's a large amount it has potential to clog the too but I don't think you'll run into that

Now to the clarification part I prefer my beer to be served at 42 degrees Fahrenheit or 10 degrees Celsius but it could depend on the type of beer you have brewed and your preference on serving temperature

Thanks Crunk. It's just outside to carbonate and then yeah, I'll move it into the cellar. I'm not serving this one to the public but plan to have a few staff drinks with it.

The beer is an amber biscuit with loads of amarillo for aroma, a bit of citra, cascade and lots of mosaic for flavour. Only a tiny amount of hop leaf got through the siphon as 95% of the dry hop was pellets.

Mumbles you may need to up your serving pressure to account for the high serving temperature. Co2 is more easily disolved into cooler liquid. There is a serving chart on BF.

Back