First BIAB- SMaSH Blonde hop suggestions

Other question is US-05. The pitch-rate calculator says I should pitch 2 packets for 5 gallons of 1.041 wort but the packaging says 1 package to 20-30 liters. I don't want to severely underpitch it but if I could use only half of what I bought and have extra packets of US-05 I don't see that as a bad thing

If it were me, and it has been many times, I'd pitch a single pack into a 1.041 gravity beer.

Other question is US-05. The pitch-rate calculator says I should pitch 2 packets for 5 gallons of 1.041 wort but the packaging says 1 package to 20-30 liters. I don't want to severely underpitch it but if I could use only half of what I bought and have extra packets of US-05 I don't see that as a bad thing
If it's a lager, 2 packets is about right. If not, I'd go with Thunderwagn's recommendation: Pitch a single packet.

Sounds good to me. Like I said I'm not going to complain about having extra yeast

wait, i have to put my sealed hops in the freezer!!?
i been storing them in my cupboard past few weeks:(:confused:
they still sealed,can they be salvaged

Yep, but throw them in the freezer now.
You might have to increase the amount of hop a bit due to deterioration.
I'm sure there's a ground rule for it, except that I don't know it

damn,cant believe i missed this,its so obvious,its a plan(?)t should have been frozen!!
thought of it as a herb that u coud seal and pack in a cupboard:(

I mean mine shipped warm, just put them in the freezer when they got here
i was too engrossed with the malts and yeast care and storage:( didnt research about the hops proper storage!!
oh well,ill buy some new tomorrow,but still ,what a waste:mad:,about a kilo of miscellaneous hops,aargh!!

i was too engrossed with the malts and yeast care and storage:( didnt research about the hops proper storage!!
oh well,ill buy some new tomorrow,but still ,what a waste:mad:,about a kilo of miscellaneous hops,aargh!!
I doubt you've ruined your hops. Try them in something, say a small extract batch, and see what you get.

You can comfortably pitch 1 package in 5 gallons of 1060 wort without oxygenating, I have pitched into 1063 more than once without oxygenating, no issues, no off flavors.

Back