First BIAB in nearly 2 years Belgian/Canadian tripel

SabreSteve

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
So about 2 years ago I had the idea of making a beer to honor the legendary ice hockey forward line from my beloved Buffalo Sabres that's known as the French Connection. For most of the 1970s teams all around the NHL struggled to try and keep Gilbert (Jo-bear) Perrault (per-row), Rick Martin and Rene Robert (ro-bear) off the score sheet. True legends. Sadly Martin passed in 2011 and Robert passed in 2021. It was around that time I had this idea and I even opened a thread on here inquiring about French Canadian beers. I eventually settled on the idea of a tripel but with trying to incorporate some Canadian ingredients. Had a recipe ready to go and then life got complicated. Our twins are 20 months old and I've squeezed in 2 extract batches in that time. I'm ready though to try and jump back into BIAB.

Here's the recipe:
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1175210/la-connexion-franaise

I'm open for hop suggestions. I picked sasquatch cause its the only truly Canadian hop variety but it could be difficult to source. Not sure why I had corn sugar and candi sugar unless it was a cost issue with the quantity of candi sugar I needed or the quantities available. My other main question is that I actually have 6 pounds of pilsen light DME, should/could some of the pilsen malt with DME or would I be better off saving it for another brew?

Back