fining agents

Minbari

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Been using knox gelatin mostly cause it is cheap, i an so done with it! Clogged the filter on my transfer hose 4x!
I tried biofine clear and loved it, beer was commercial grade clear, but it about $8 a batch.
Found liquor kwik super kleer on Amazon. $10 for 4 batches worth. Anyone tried it?

Also, chitosan and kieselsol ( super Kleer) can be purchased in bulk for less. But I haven't used them together in beer, only wine.

Been using knox gelatin mostly cause it is cheap, i an so done with it! Clogged the filter on my transfer hose 4x!
I tried biofine clear and loved it, beer was commercial grade clear, but it about $8 a batch.
Found liquor kwik super kleer on Amazon. $10 for 4 batches worth. Anyone tried it?
Used it once for an IPA, dropped crystal clear. Bought a 4 pack, still haven't used the other 3 though. Most of my beers sit in the cold kegs on CO2 plenty long to clear up on their own. Picked it up after I couldn't get the "Wayner's" to drop, will use it again if I need a faster turn around. Like I said. in my very limmited experiance, seemed to work very well.

I'm an Irish moss guy...I can pronounce what's in that! I very typically have protein haze but cracked a bomber from a batch of my blonde that was in the back of the fridge since September that was crystal clear!! I had heard that haze will drop after a long time in the cold but 3-4 months is a long time for esthetics despite my being almost giddy about how bright the brew was!

Back