Fermenting

Discussion in 'General Brewing Discussions' started by Eagle Homebrewing, Sep 21, 2014.

  1. Eagle Homebrewing

    Eagle Homebrewing New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2014
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Brewed a ale on Sunday last week fermenting started Tuesday and as of today the airlock is still bubbling. Can I transfer to secondary tomorrow so I can brew a second beer or hold off and let it sit in primary and do 1 stage fermenting on both ales? Trying to have them done for a party at the end of October.
     
  2. Hogarthe

    Hogarthe Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2014
    Messages:
    528
    Likes Received:
    264
    Trophy Points:
    63
    I'd hold off transferring or just do a longer primary only. you don't want to rush it, give the yeast time to finish everything.
     
  3. Ozarks Mountain Brew

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2012
    Messages:
    7,767
    Likes Received:
    3,976
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    IT Managment
    Location:
    The Ozark Mountains of Missouri
    is there a krausen on top, if so leave it, if not its ok to transfer
     
  4. social_misfit

    social_misfit New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2013
    Messages:
    49
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Sprakers NY
    gravity readings will tell you where you are at if it is stable it is done

    Sunday until Tuesday to me is a bit to start fermenting but I always pitch lots of active yeast

    for me an ale goes from grain to glass in 14 days with a cold crash

    all the best

    S_M
     

Share This Page

arrow_white