Fermentation time when using Lallemand Nottingham yeast

The water level in the jug is dangerously close to the beer level in the fermenter. Be sure to keep a close eye on it. When fermentation slows down, the temperature in the fermenter will drop and that could siphon the water from the jug in. Be aware that Notty can finish active fermentation in as little as 24 to 36 hours.
Thank you for the advice......so, since you are a Notty kind of guy, how long would you leave the beer in the primary fermenter after the bubbles quit and so forth?

As mentioned above, I'd make sure and have the liquid level of the blow-off tube below the level of the beer. The notion of putting an airlock back on once things slow down is also a good one. If you keep the liquid level below the beer level, no need to use sanitizer in the receiving jug. You mention a mess - I don't see any beer or discoloration in the jug receiving the blow-off tube, meaning likely nothing came out of the bucket. The blow-off tube may not have been necessary but it was a great safety!
It is clear....no goop got out! I just went back to the airlock and it is doing fine so far, but I will keep an eye on it. I am blessed to have a basement that stays at 68 degrees all summer long. Thank you!

Thank you for the advice......so, since you are a Notty kind of guy, how long would you leave the beer in the primary fermenter after the bubbles quit and so forth?

Not particularly a Notty fan, but have used it many times over the years. I leave my beers in the fermenter until fermentation slows noticeably and the Krausen begins to recede. Next, I increase the temperature by a few degrees to encourage the last bit of attenuation. After a couple of days I cold crash until the yeast has settled out before packaging.
Any of these steps you can do with your setup will help to improve your beer.

A lot of liquid in the blow off jug. You only need a few ounces to make sure the end of the hose is sufficiently covered.

Fermentation time depends on many factors including the yeast strain, pitching rate, available oxygen and nutrients, temperature, wort composition and fermentability. Fermentation is done when it's done, regardless of how long you want it to take. Let it go until the Krausen recedes and then allow 3 or 4 more days. Refrigerating after that will speed up the clearing you want before bottling and may cut a few days off of the overall time.
Yo, 100% agree. I brew beer in Australia just to save money, so I don't wait to 'condition' my beers. After FG is reached, all you are really doing is cleaning up the beer. The yeast continues to slowly eat, and this creates a cleaner tasting beer. If you're like me and don't mind a Hazy, and even prefer them, don't worry about conditioning 3 weeks.

The longest I go is probably 2 weeks. Everything depends on how active the yeast is. Like @BOB357 is saying, your Krausen is going to tell you what stage you are at. Once you hit FG and the Krausen begins to dissipate, the more patience you have, the more it will clear the beer up.

In my opinion, there isn't a right or wrong answer to this question, FG is FG, and any arguing beyond that point is personal preference, with the exception if the beer is being judged. Most of us here are just brewing to enjoy, not become Brewmeisters, not that I would turn that opportunity down though!

Oh, and he's 100% right about cold crashing too after your fermentation is done, the beers that I cold crash taste better, but I don't always have the time!

I'm usually in the keg by day 8.

Back