Fermentation Temperature Control

In the warmer months here I don't need a heat source , atm I use a heater cord around my buckets but hopefully that'll change within a month !

if you set your defaults right and your not in a cold area like me you don't need one, mine never overshoots and will heat up on its own eventually
I'm in North Carolina, so I think I'll be okay without the heating side for at least a few months haha.

I use fermrap around my fermenter carboy.

Has anyone used the fermentation heater by the weekend brewer? Looks to be the same thing as fermwrap but it's about 2/3 the price.

Yep a flash bit of gear that there Pirate well priced too hard to beat an asembled ready to go product. Beats some dodgey STC wiring but it all comes down to me being able to say " ahh i made that" lol.

Price is what you pay, value is what you get. When it comes to brewing equipment, reliability is paramount. Not saying that more money is always a kin to better quality, but should be considered.

Dodgy STC wiring? Mine was expertly done - by me! Not some 12 year old kid in China! :D

I ended up getting the inkbird 2-stage and the aforementioned carboy wrap. I'll get to test them out this weekend hopefully! I plan to use my kegerator as my fermentation chamber, as my last keg of porter just kicked and I've got some bottled hoppy stuff to run through for the next few weeks. Thanks to all for the input!

Just setup a lager fridge as in east vic you get about 3 weeks per year where you can get steady temps... Got one of the $12 jobs off ebay and a half decent cheap fridge that fits 2 x 30lt vessels... Put a sealed bucket full of water at the bottom to hold the probe and have done at least 6 brews so far and so glad i did... thinking about setting up a second similar with heat for my wheat beers and ales for perfect control...

Suggest taping the probe to side of the fermentor mate , i use an old stubby cooler over top of probe so i'm measuring wort instead of the water / air temp inside fridge .
Here in Radelaide we get unpredictable temps too so i'm in the same boat

Another idea is to fashion a well and put it in your beer. Than put the probe inside the well.

Thermowell:rolleyes:...
Agreed. I have a couple of them for different vessels. Have had to get a bit creative to install them but now, I measure the temperature of the beer directly.

You paid too much. I pinched and soldered an old copper tube left over from making a wort chiller!

Back