Fermentation FAQ - urgnet

Sooraj Chwla

Trial Member
Reaction score
hello,

I am a first-time brewer,

I followed the recipe quiet to the point,

my brew is now 7 days old

I divided my wort into 2 portions to add different flavors. I batch I put in a fermentation bucket ( about 2/3 full ) and one I filled a Corboy ( about 1/4 full only ) put an airlock on both.

on the brew day, as per the recipe and I added the yeast as instructed, 2 days later I saw very little activity, in the bucket and nothing in the Corboy,

post that I found out that the yeast that I added initially was dead, so once again I added yeast to both the bucket and the Corboy, it has been 3 days now and still I see absolutely no activity in both.

I am worried have I spoiled my entire batch or is a solution to revive this.

please help !!!

Attachments

• IMG_20180923_222756.jpg
    IMG_20180923_222756.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20180925_194752.jpg
    IMG_20180925_194752.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20180928_083830.jpg
    IMG_20180928_083830.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 87
Looks totally normal to me there Sooraj day 3 was high Krausen day seven looks like fermentation is winding down see the yeast has dropped to the bottom of fermentor that's it falling out of solution a sign that things are nearly done. Now a good time to take a gravity sample record gravity reading then in a few days take another one if no difference your good to Package your beer:).

I think we're dealing with the old "no airlock activity" issue again. The pictures show a healthy krauesen - the head of foam the yeast generate when they're eating and happy - on your beer. The biggest factor in no airlock activity is a leak somewhere in the vessel. The gas is getting out somewhere other than through your airlock. It's unlikely your original pitch of yeast was dead. As Trialben mentioned above, trust your hydrometer or refractometer before giving up on a fermentation - it may have happened so fast you didn't notice it (reason number two for no airlock activity).

Yeah if you get foam like that you're making beer buddeh. Get a hydrometer and get yourself a sample and I'll bet it's nearly finished if not already.

Back