Ferment Temp Solution

MrBIP

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's suppose to get hot this week (like actual summertime temps) .. so I've got the fermenter and blow off set up on my bedroom dresser, A/C running in there, full blast, temp is 62-65. How long before the wife complains about the smell and sound of bubbling? Well, sometimes we have make sacrifices for good beer! :D

(ya, the best answer is to just go find a fridge and put the temp controller on it, I know)

MrBIP said:
How long before the wife complains about the smell and sound of bubbling?

Smell?

Fermenting beer is one of the most wonderful smells around. Ive been sniffing airlocks for 20 years, and I never had a smell I didn't love.

Now as far as SWMBO is concerned, I've given her many other smells, and none too appealing.

MrBIP,
I, too, feel your pain about the heat wave this week. I am in MI also and brewed a stout Saturday. I use a copy of the 38DD ferment chamber and I was changing ice packs about every 6 hours to maintain a temperature below 68 in the FV. Last night I added additional frozen 2 liter bottles in the chamber itself and this morning the temperature in the FV was 65. The ambient temperature in the brew barn this morning is 73. Even though a dedicated temperature controlled fridge would be easier, it is possible to maintain proper temperatures without it.

Secondly, where is the Lion's avatar?

DanC said:
Secondly, where is the Lion's avatar?

I'll get that up before the first game .. as well as the flags flying from my car. Gooooo L i o n s ... :D

Back