Feel like a dum dum somedays

LlewellynBrewHaus

Premium Member
Reaction score
The information and tools with brewers friend never cease to amaze me. I've been using this site for over a year and logged more than a few brew days with it. One would think by now I would have found all the different things that make brew day easier and more successful.
Nope.
While brewing last weekend-and since I was changing a process (no sparge) I was clicking around the brew log and Dum Dum (me:rolleyes:) found the infusion sparge tool that calculates temps and volumes on the fly. why have I not used this before I thought, could have saved a lot of pen and paper figuring HAHA
While listening to a podcast on mash Ph last night. They were talking about an online calculator that you could input your source water and grist into and it will calculate an estimated mash Ph.
Dum Dum thought to him self.....wonder if the water chemistry calculator on BF does that .. Yup it sure does! Just had to click on water chemistry within the recipe and it talks you right there; click a couple of variables and BoOm estimated mash PH 5.57
Shesh I really love this site:D

We all go through it. It takes longer to learn when alcohol is involved;). Not because you're smashed when you brew but because you want it juuust right:D.

On wards und upwards Llewellyn! For what it costs to sign up and for what you get its value for money? It's sure improved my brewing.

Back