Favorite styles to brew?

dpatrickv

Trial Member
Reaction score
What is every-bodies favorite style to brew? or what do you typically brew the most? I've been a big saison guy so I'll typically brew that "style" the most. '

Then again, many of the "saisons" I brew probably wouldn't end up being classified as saisons. I may overuse 3711 slightly... :lol:

When I first got in craft beers and, eventually, homebrewing it was all about IPAs .. the bigger and more bitter it could be the better. But, I've mellowed. I really like a clean APA, still hop forward, but not "blow out your palate with pure hop bitterness". I've brewed three times now an APA that I'm liking, one more tweak end of this month and I think it becomes a "regular". Lot's of variety can be had here with a relatively simple grain bill and tweaking around hop combinations. Haven't even messed with yeast variations yet, using US-05.

I have over 300 recipes of all varieties and brewed most styles. but im a true ipa guy my self, I personally like as clear a beer as possible with as much hop nose as I can get, hard to do...I'm really into defining the mouth, pallet, tongue and finish flavors, not a bitter fan it just gets in the way.

Bitters and a Blonde Ale plus my Belgian dark I brew once a year. I am not an AIPA fan. I realize it is the most popular style for homebrewers, but I don't really like them. On the other hand, if there is a C hop shortage, you can't blame me :)

Bock, Dopplebock, Vienna Lager and Scottish 80/- are my favorite beers, however, being diabetic I brew mostly light American lagers now so I can drink more.

I've only been brewing for about a year, so don't really have a favorite, yet. I brew what I want to drink, which is all over the board with the exception of sweet beers; I don't like sweet beers. What I've really been enjoying is "perfecting" recipes to my desired result. I've been working on:

Bavarian Hefeweizen
IIPA
Hybrid Belgian Pale Ale
Oatmeal Coffee Porter

I have plans to develop:

Deschutes Red Chair clone
Rogue Dead Guy clone with honey
RyeRye (Rye ale with added rye whiskey)

Once I have a better fermentation chamber then I will add a couple lagers to those lists.

Hi!
I always brew red ales. Two years ago I visited Belgium, since then I brew all the different kinds of Belgian beers.
I already post my last Bach recipe, and it´s 9 points!!!
Also I like stouts.

Back