Extra Yeast, Hmmm... what to do?

west1m

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
While rummaging through the pantry today I stumbled across the old bread maker. SO... (insert Brain Fart Here)
I made a small batch of bread using some SafBrew06 German Ale Yeast.. All looked like it was going fairly well until it started cooking. WOW what a stench! I smelled horrible while it was cooking. Made a nice looking loaf of bread that didn't taste too bad but the nasty odor was in the bread and could be smelled while biting into it.

Wow I wouldn't of expected that I've used slurry before to make pizza and all i remember is the hops were too sharp:p.

While rummaging through the pantry today I stumbled across the old bread maker. SO... (insert Brain Fart Here)
I made a small batch of bread using some SafBrew06 German Ale Yeast.. All looked like it was going fairly well until it started cooking. WOW what a stench! I smelled horrible while it was cooking. Made a nice looking loaf of bread that didn't taste too bad but the nasty odor was in the bread and could be smelled while biting into it.
Interesting experiment!

Back