Estimates shown in brew session notes

Marcol

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi, did my first brew with brewers friend yesterday (coming from beersmith 3.x). I'm impressed. Overall a modern feel and easy to use interface and well thought through.

One input:
When adding notes for like: Preboil step and MashOut etc, It would be beneficial to have the estimated SG values visible clearly next to where inputs should go. I found myself browsing back to the 'Brew Steps' section to get these inorder to find out how I was progressing..

/Br
Martin

Hi, did my first brew with brewers friend yesterday (coming from beersmith 3.x). I'm impressed. Overall a modern feel and easy to use interface and well thought through.

One input:
When adding notes for like: Preboil step and MashOut etc, It would be beneficial to have the estimated SG values visible clearly next to where inputs should go. I found myself browsing back to the 'Brew Steps' section to get these inorder to find out how I was progressing..

/Br
Martin

We have that in the ‘brew log’- it should show you the estimated SG and you can add the actual.

I could only find this information under the 'Brew steps' section, e.g. under 'Boil' sub section, there's a text stating.
"Collect pre-boil gravity sample (Expected 1.049)..." When adding the Pre-Boil log entry only the expected Volume was shown, I was thinking that showing all available info here would be nice (see attached image).

Not a big issue, only a small feature request. But I might be missing something as well, new to this game...

Attachments

• estimate.png
    estimate.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 83
We have that in the ‘brew log’- it should show you the estimated SG and you can add the actual.

I could be missing something too.
  • For Mash Complete, I see expected values in the log entry screen for Temp and pH. (I would expect to see SG also)
  • For Pre-Boil & Boil Complete I see expected values for Volume and Temp. (I would expect to see SG also)
  • For Brew Day Complete — I see expected values for only Temp. (I would expect to see Volume and SG also)
I'm not in the middle of a brew session, so perhaps the expected SG shows up only when first making the entry, while the others are still there when using the Edit function.

Of course, the Recipe stats show the expected values at the top of the screen at all times. The info is there, just not in the log section. (at least after the brew day or after the entry is initially saved)

Back