Equipment Profile Help

deepchills

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a thread already, I searched but didn't find it.

For my Equipment Profile there is a Hop Options section.
I have Whirlpool at 10% and Dry Hop at 5%.
Boil Utilization shows as 100%.
First Wort and Utilization Multiplier are both blank.

Any thoughts on what these values should be?

If it helps I brew on the Grainfather 120V.

Thanks!

The default in the recipe builder will be a good place to start. It's 110% for first wort hops, and 0 for dryhopping. I would leave it blank and use the default.

The default in the recipe builder will be a good place to start. It's 110% for first wort hops, and 0 for dryhopping. I would leave it blank and use the default.

Great, Thanks!

@Yooper, you sure it hasn't changed? I'm finding that equipment profile settings for these values are the ones that are appearing in new recipes if I leave the utilisation blank?

Personally I've dropped the whirlpool down to 5% and dry hop to 1%. Though the utilisation at various stages are very rubbery numbers and IBUs in general are rubbery as hell.

@Yooper, you sure it hasn't changed? I'm finding that equipment profile settings for these values are the ones that are appearing in new recipes if I leave the utilisation blank?

Personally I've dropped the whirlpool down to 5% and dry hop to 1%. Though the utilisation at various stages are very rubbery numbers and IBUs in general are rubbery as hell.

@Mark Farrall - heck, lately it seems I'm not sure of anything................this stay-at-home order has my whole world mixed up!
What are you saying that these values are appearing? I made a new recipe and it looked good to me, so I'm trying to understand what you mean. (I'm having my first cup of coffee here, so please type slowly so I can understand LOL)

And I'm also not completely sure I remember it correctly, but I thought with the last new recipe I created the IBUs for the dry hop looked surprisingly high and saw that it was 5% utilisation. So I adjusted the setting in the equipment profile down to 1% (not that I think it's that important and 5% is just as relevant as 1%).

Did a quick test in a new recipe. I'm seeing that whever you change the 'Select Use' drop down it's updating the Utilisation based on the settings in the equipment profile. So unless it's a boil step you can't use the default as it will apply the value from the equipment profile whenever you change the hopping type.

And I'm also not completely sure I remember it correctly, but I thought with the last new recipe I created the IBUs for the dry hop looked surprisingly high and saw that it was 5% utilisation. So I adjusted the setting in the equipment profile down to 1% (not that I think it's that important and 5% is just as relevant as 1%).

Did a quick test in a new recipe. I'm seeing that whever you change the 'Select Use' drop down it's updating the Utilisation based on the settings in the equipment profile. So unless it's a boil step you can't use the default as it will apply the value from the equipment profile whenever you change the hopping type.
Thanks for tracking that down. I haven't seen anything mentioned in the changelog or updates that could be related but it's possible something was changed but not mentioned by the devs or was changed unrelated and this is an unexpected change in behavior.

I'll confirm tomorrow morning and open a ticket, it should follow the recipe settings, and the equipment should only change when changing the equipment or when starting a new recipe.

Back