English Mild

Steve SPF

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
20221030_122205.jpg
20221027_155112_resized.jpg

An interesting beer for me this one. There seems to be a real misty eyed nostalgia among gentlemen of a certain age - including me - for these darker old mild styles.

This one has gone down really well and it surprised me a bit, it's almost the opposite of the beers that are so popular at the moment - blondes and hoppy/hazy pales - but I'm super pleased with it. It is fined and I really don't like finings but I do feel that some beers need to present in a certain way and this one demands a polished shine.

Lovely presentation and I'm sure it's even better to the palate. I enjoy the style and it isn't one you find around my area often... one reason I took up homebrewing!

Lovely presentation and I'm sure it's even better to the palate. I enjoy the style and it isn't one you find around my area often... one reason I took up homebrewing!

Odd isn't it? We hear customer grumbles that they can't get mild any more, and brewer's grumbling that nobody wants dark beers any more

An interesting beer for me this one. There seems to be a real misty eyed nostalgia among gentlemen of a certain age - including me - for these darker old mild styles.

Lol...yeah..we're the ones who made it this far for good reasons....we made good choices! Beauty looking brew there Steve....keep it up! Are you giving it a price cut over the higher abv's?

Lol...yeah..we're the ones who made it this far for good reasons....we made good choices! Beauty looking brew there Steve....keep it up! Are you giving it a price cut over the higher abv's?

No price cuts, but we are £3 a pint at the bar for all our own beers anyway so probably the best value in town anyway - 'Spoons aside of course.

I've brewed my pales down from 4.8% to 4.2% this time too, it seems like people want a more sessionable beer so those down around 4% are the sweet spot, that saves me a bit on the brewing side.

Back